23 November 2013

Día de la Revolución


 This week we celebrated the Día de la Revolucion! Parade always included. Wednesday two teachers, four volunteers, 25 of our oldest kids and I piled into the back of Miguel's pick-up truck to get front row seats to all of the excitement. Surprisingly enough, the kids found the parade captivating, and paid attention the entire hour! I'm not quite certain why, but this parade had a lot of gymnastics! Kind of puzzling because I'm pretty sure they have little to do the Mexican Revolution.

Transit Police. This was honestly the most strange and hilarious display of human acrobatics I have ever seen...

Traditional dress and dance! Very cute.

An American football team? No gymnastics...just walking.
Thought this woman looked quite bad-ass.
More human pyramids...

1 comment:

  1. This looks like an amazing parade! I think I would have been captivated, too, hopefully, no one got hurt. Looks like a lovely day, too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete