10 June 2010

New Developments!

Exciting news! I've been admitted to the School of Social Work for their undergraduate program!! Holy Cow!! I totally hadn't expected to hear back until I left, but it's so nice to know so soon. :) 

It's been such a journey with God trying to first of all whether I was going to go to college at all, and then it was a whole other animal trying to figure out what to do once I got to UW, and then recently it's been just waiting to see whether I would get into the program.. Man, oh man--and now I am in it! Things have gotten from so global and overwhelming with all of the possibilities to now getting more and more directed and focused. 

Only about a week remains until I leave and I am eager and excited for the new adventures that await. I'm so thankful to everyone that has supported me in the entire process--your words of encouragement and prayers mean so much.

10 comments:

  1. wow April! Im excited for you and really happy to keep in touch. I hope you have a wonderful time in Mexico. :) Keep leaning and trusting in the Lord. He directs our paths for sure.
    cuidate! espero que nos veamos el proximo ano!
    con mucho carino,
    Jennee

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great news. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats, april!!

    i am looking forward to seeing you SOON. :) so glad i could make it up to seattle this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. April, I wish we could be there to see you off! We pray for a wonderful summer, safety, inspiration and for God's direction as you experience a whole new world. Congratulations on all your accomplishments and desire to help others! You are a special young lady and we are so proud of this faith step you are taking. Our love and prayers go with you ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful experience in Mexico April! We'll be praying for you and the people you'll be working with!

    The Shimasaki Family

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so exciting April! I just went through all of your posts last night and Casa de los Angeles sounds amazing. I hope your experience is powerful and exciting! I'll be praying for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My prayers will be going with you too. I'm so happy to see what a fine young woman you are turning into. May you be a blessing to all those you serve and all those you serve with. May you grow in grace as you minister to the children in Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are off and flying!!! in the School of Social work and in the Casa de los Angeles...(love that name)! prayers! ~Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, April - The photos are beautiful! So glad you are there safely and have time to enjoy settling into your new place. I love the colors of the city. Praying for you, Maya and Ruby: Te amamos! (I think that that's right...?)

    ReplyDelete